Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tortellini alla Vodka

So here we are with another pasta entry.  Can you tell I love pasta?  Anyways, this is my quick cheater's version of Tortellini alla Vodka.  By cheater's version, I mean I use pre-made tortellini and jarred vodka sauce. I also add a few fresh veggies and a can of diced tomatoes to the mix and some of my own seasonings. The greatest thing about this dish is that I can have it on the table in around 30 minutes so it makes a great easy dinner and I don't have to spend all day in the kitchen. Give it a try sometime and let me know what you think.

 Cook tortellini according to package directions
Saute peppers, onions and garlic.  Add mushrooms along with the fresh and canned tomatoes.
Throw in the seasonings and then reduce liquid by half.
 Add the vodka sauce and simmer to heat it through.
 Add the cooked tortellini to the sauce.
Toss to combine.
Serve with grated Parmesan and enjoy.

***********************************

Tortellini alla Vodka

Ingredients-
  • 1 Package Buitoni Tortellini (I used the family sized Three Cheese Tortellini)
  • 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 Cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 cup plum tomato, diced
  • 1 (8 ounce) jar mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I used Hunts with garlic and oregano)
  • 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning (add more to taste)
  • 1 Jar Vodka Sauce (I used Classico but the choice is yours)
  • Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions-
  1. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
  2. While pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a large sauce pan over medium high heat.
  3. Add garlic, onion and pepper to the pan and saute until the pepper and onion softens.
  4. Add the tomatoes (fresh and canned), along with the mushrooms, and stir to combine. 
  5. Add seasoning to taste. Bring to a boil.  Once the liquid in the pan has reduced by half, turn the heat down to a simmer.
  6. Add the vodka sauce, stir well and heat through.
  7. Once the tortellini is cooked, using a slotted spoon (or spyder), add it to the sauce.
  8. Toss to coat and serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese over the top.
Until next time, enjoy!!!!!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment