Saturday, February 1, 2014

EZ Pasta Salad

A while back I was asked to make something to bring to a family dinner which normally wouldn't be a problem.  Except this time I wasn't told to fix anything until a few hours before the dinner.  Needless to say, I wasn't very pleased.  I needed to come up with something fast, easy and using ingredients that I had on hand.  As I was looking through the cabinets and fridge, I had the idea of making a pasta salad.  It was a family cookout and what could be better than pasta salad?  Only one major problem was facing me.  I had never made pasta salad of any kind.  How hard could it be right?  So I grabbed my ingredients, threw them together and took off to the cookout.  I think I got a couple of bites of my pasta salad.  It turned out to be a big hit and it is what's most often requested when I ask what I should bring to a get-together.  Well, tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday and of course my in-laws are having their annual Super Bowl party.  Naturally, I am making pasta salad to take, but this time I thought I would share the recipe with you.  It's quick, easy and so delicious!!!!

Add the veggies to the cooked and drained pasta.
Add the ham and bacon.
Combine Parmesan cheese with ranch dressing and add to the pasta.
Mix well, refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to combine and enjoy.

******************************

EZ Pasta Salad

Ingredients-
  • 16 ounces pasta (Your preference but I used rotini)
  • 1/2 cup plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • 1/2 cup bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup onion, diced
  • 1/2 pound ham, diced
  • 2 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
  • 1 1/2 cups Ranch dressing
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Instructions-
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
  2. Rinse pasta in cold water to stop the cooking process.
  3. Add pasta, tomatoes, pepper, onion, ham and bacon to a mixing bowl and stir to mix well.
  4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the Parmesan into the ranch dressing until combined.
  5. Add the dressing to the pasta mixture.  Stir well.
  6. Refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to combine.
I hope you enjoy it if you ever try it.  I don't think it turned out too bad, especially since I threw it together with what I happened to have on hand.  Enjoy and let me know what you think.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment